Local Historic District

On November 6, 1978, a neighborhood located on North Chambers Street, mostly between East Losey Street and Grove Street, was designated as a Local Historic District with the adoption of ordinance #78-639. Among the seventeen properties included are several homes on the east side of the street that were designed by Galesburg’s first professionally trained architect, William S.E. Wolf, who used many traits common to the Queen Anne style.

 
 
Join Our Mailing/Alert List
Follow Us: Facebook Twitter RSS
CITY OF GALESBURG KNOX COUNTY ILLINOIS
City of Galesburg; 55 W. Tompkins Street; Galesburg, IL 61402-1387|Phone: 309-343-4181|Directions|Contact Us|Intranet
©2014 City of Galesburg.|Web site design and development by Americaneagle.com|Privacy Policy|Terms & Conditions|Site Map