CITY OF GALESBURG

Local Historic District

On November 6, 1978, a neighborhood located on North Chambers Street, mostly between East Losey Street and Grove Street, was designated as a Local Historic District with the adoption of ordinance #78-639. Among the seventeen properties included are several homes on the east side of the street that were designed by Galesburg’s first professionally trained architect, William S.E. Wolf, who used many traits common to the Queen Anne style.

 
view more

News & Announcements

City of Galesburg, 55 W. Tompkins Street, Galesburg, IL 61402-1387, Phone: 309-343-4181