Knox County Local Emergency Planning Committee
The purpose of the KCLEPC, in meeting requirements of SARA Title III – Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) 42 USC 11001 et. Seq., are as follows: The KCLEPC shall develop a chemical emergency response plan for the planning district and establish procedures for conducting its public information and education responsibilities. The plan shall be reviewed and updated as necessary on an annual basis, in accordance with section 303 of EPCRA.
The KCLEPC shall, in addition:
- Receive and process requests for information from the public;
- Notify the public of all KCLEPC meetings or activities;
- Perform a hazard analysis using the information and reports from facilities operating within the jurisdiction of the KCLEPC and analysis of the district’s transportation risks;
- Establish and maintain a database of hazardous chemical locations and quantities in the district;
- Establish and maintain a computerized system of data management;
- Maintain information on All facilities, which manufacture or store extremely hazardous substances, and include this information within one emergency response and preparedness plan.
KCLEPC meetings are the 4th Tuesday of February, April, June, August and October.