Meets – 2nd Monday – 5:30 PM, Administration Conference Room, City Hall
Seven-member commission. Five Commissioners to be appointed by the Mayor with approval of the Council. Public Works Director and City Arborist shall serve as ex-officio members.
The Commission shall:
- Advise and consult the Arborist on any matter pertaining to the Galesburg Tree Ordinance and to its enforcement such as:
- amendments to the Tree Ordinance or revisions to the Arboricultural Specifications Manual;
- policy concerning selection, planting, maintenance, and removal of trees, shrubs, and other plants within the City;
- establishment of educational and informational programs whereby the public may be notified of any matters pertaining to the Galesburg Tree Ordinance and to the Arboricultural Specifications Manual;
- Hear all issues of the disputes, which arise between the City Arborist and citizens involving matters of the interpretation of the Arboricultural Specifications Manual or enforcement of the Ordinance.
Members and 3yr Term Expiration
Charles Goodrich, June 30, 2017
Millie Allen, June 30, 2017
Ann Pennington, June 30, 2018
Sofia Tagkaloglou, June 30, 2017
Jacob Morgan, June 30, 2018