Picnic Shelters and Gazebos
Contact: Lakeside Recreation Facility
1033 South Lake Storey Road
Phone: 309/345-3683 for reservations
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Steps to Reserve a Shelter or Gazebo
- Call number above during regular business hours to inquire about availability. Reservations can be made up to 364 days in advance. When calling indicate:
- date and time
- shelter number
- number of rows if partial shelter reservation is desired
- Recreation staff will check availability and confirm a date and time.
- Once payment is received, a permit and a receipt are issued.
- It is required to have permit available on the day of the event.
No mail-in reservation request accepted. No refunds issued due to rain.
- Lake Storey Park, Lions Shelters #1 (South, closest to the lake and restrooms)
- Lake Storey Park, Lions Shelter #2 (Middle)
- Lake Storey Park, Lions Shelter #3 (Farthest to the North, first one as you come into the park)
Each shelter has 9 rows of tables. Each row seats 30 people. Rows number from South to North. Six double outlets per shelter. Water and grills nearby.
- Lake Storey Park, Lions Shelter #4 (West, North Lake Storey Park by soccer field and ball diamond #3.)
No restrooms or playground close. Take 2nd entrance, hard right, around horseshoe curve. Shelter is about 300 yards west of the Lake Storey Pavilion, through the woods. Shelter has 8 rows of tables, each row seat 16 people. Rows number South to North. Has electricity and water.
- Lincoln Park — Lions Shelter #1
Next to parking lot. Is near restrooms, has electricity and is near playground. Has 5 rows of tables, each row seats 44 people. Tables number East to West. Total capacity: 220.
- All other Shelters are first come, first serve.
Meeting, Banquet, Recreational
The Lake Storey Pavilion — Perfect for meetings, seminars, wedding receptions, family reunions. Capacity of 400. Please call 309/345-3604 for reservations.
Allison Campground — Whether in a tent or RV, Allison Campground is perfect for family fun.
Bunker Links Golf Course — Located at Lincoln Park on the north side of Galesburg, Bunker Links' 18 holes (6022 yards) has gently rolling terrain. Water comes into play on 6 holes.
Hawthorne Centre Recreation Complex — Perfect for birthday parties or church youth group activities. Please call 309/345-3683 for reservations.
Lakeside Water Park — Rent the entire water park for your family and friends. Please call 309/345-3683 for reservations.
Lake Storey Beach — Swimming, boating, water slide, concessions.
Lakeside Recreation Facility — Multi-purpose floor and tennis courts. Please call 309/345-3683 for reservations.
Picnic shelters and gazebos — Reserve a shelter for your next picnic. Gazebos are also a favorite for warm weather weddings.
Park Plaza — Located downtown, this multi-tiered outdoor stage can be used for various recreational, educational and entertainment needs.