Bus Operating Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Blue, Green & Red routes leave the Kellogg and Main Street intersection on the hour (:00). Gold Route leaves the Prairie and Main Street intersection at fifteen after the hour (:15) and fifteen till the hour (:45).
Galesburg Transit is a not-for-profit corporation contracted to the City of Galesburg to provide public transportation to the City of Galesburg. Galesburg Transit operates 4 fixed routes Monday through Saturday from 7:00a.m. to 6:00p.m. Blue, Green & Red routes start at the intersection of Kellogg and Main with the first buses leaving at 7:00a.m. and the last buses leaving at 5:00p.m. Gold Route will start at the intersection of Kellogg and Main at 7:15a.m. and the last round leaving at 5:45p.m.
- Regular Riders $0.60
- Student Riders (with ID) $0.40
- Disabled Riders $0.40
- Senior Citizens (65 years and older) Free
- Circuit Breaker Recipients Free
- Children under 46 inches tall Free
- College bus pass $55 per semester
Disability Information: For individuals considering disabled certification information, a physician's verification form is required to prove eligibility. A disabled individual is a person with a disability having a permanent or temporary physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one of the major life functions of such individual. Examples of such disabilities would include blindness, epilepsy and developmentally disabled.
People wishing to take advantage of the People with Disabilities Ride Free Program (those registered with the Illinois Circuit Breaker Program) must enroll at Galesburg City Hall or at the Transit office at 567 S. Farnham.
Seniors wishing to take advantage of the Seniors Ride Free Program must enroll at Galesburg City Hall, the Transit office at 567 S. Farnham or with a bus driver.
- Regular riders — 10 punches for $5
- Student Rider (with ID) — 16 punches for $5
- Disabled Rider — 16 punches for $5
- The Galesburg Transit CitiPass is good for unlimited rides on all Galesburg Transit buses. The CitiPass costs $20 for all riders and is good only for the month printed on the front of the pass.
- Regular Riders $1.20
- Student Riders (with ID) $0.80
- Senior Citizen $0.80
- Disabled Rider $0.80
- Saturday passes are good for unlimited rides on all Galesburg Transit buses for the date that appears on the front of the pass.
Dial-A-Ride Service Areas
- Kimberly Terrace — Route #2
- Songetaha Road — Route #1 and #2
- Swings Mobile Home Park — Route #3
- N. Lake Storey Road — #3
- Passengers in Dial-A-Ride service areas must call the Galesburg Transit Office, 309/342-4242, on the hour (:00) to schedule a pick up.
See Document Center for Route Destinations and times
- Prairie and Main — Route #1; Route #2, Route #3, and Route #4
- Sandburg Mall — Route #2, Route #3 and Route #4
- Losey and Broad — Route #1 and Route #3
- Fremont and Florence — Route #1 and Route #2
- Walmart -- Route #1 and Route #4
There is no bus service on the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Helpful Riding Tips
- When calling for information, know the nearest intersection to the location where you would be getting on.
- Be at the bus stop 2-3 minutes before the bus is scheduled to be there.
- Wait for the bus at the corner of any intersection, bus bench, or bus shelter. Drivers will not stop in the middle of the block.
- Flag the bus as it approaches to let the driver know you want the bus.
- Have your cash fare or pass ready before boarding the bus. Note: Drivers are not required to make change for bills larger than $5.00
- Give the driver advance notice when you want to get off by pulling the "stop request" cord at least one-half block prior to your stop
- Please use only one seat when the bus is full. Your carry-on items are not paying customers.
- Please observe the priority seating section for elderly and disabled persons.