Mission Statement: To efficiently investigate, process and resolve complaints of discrimination in employment, housing, and public accomodations as defined under Chapter 13 of the Galesburg Municipal Code, Human Relations Ordinance.
The Human Services Division works in the areas of Civil Rights, ombudsman and affirmative actions for the City of Galesburg. It provides a referral service to other agencies who can provide assistance in specific areas.
Listed here are resources for services that are often requested. Please contact the City of Galesburg Human Services office if more information is needed.
Illinois Department of Human Services
Children and Family Services, 477 E. Main St., 309/342-3154
Rehabilitation Services (DORS) 309/343-2193
Public Assistance 309/342-8144
121 W. Tompkins Street, 309/343-9059
Provides assistance for power, rent, personal household and clothing for single persons and married couples over the age of 18 years without minor children and who are not already receiving any other form of government assistance such as SSI/TANF/RRA/AABD.
Services for Senior Citizens (60 Plus)
VNA Community Services, 309/342-1152
Hours: 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday
- Circuit Breaker information and filing
- New Horizons meal site Monday through Friday, meals served at 11:30am, call in reservations the day before or on the day prior to 8:30am 309/342-3778
- Home delivered meals Monday through Sunday
- Senior citizens transportation services
- Rural Taxi
Alternatives for Older Adults
Alternatives work with cases of Elder Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation and Care Giver Services
Gordon Behrens Adult Day Service 309/344-2520, also provides Door-to-Door transportation for Program participants only.
- Lisa Madigan, Il Attorney General, Springfield, IL 800/243-0618
- Landlord/Tenant Rights and Laws
- Consumer Alerts and Warnings
- Consumer Complaint Forms
- Brochure and additional information can be found at www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov