290 South Seminary Street
Arlington Park is a small 0.2 acre pocket park and is the former site of the Arlington Hotel. Located in the Central Business District the park is primarily intended as a passive open space.
645 Maple Avenue
This 1.6 acre park located in a single family residential neighborhood offers a basketball court, two tennis courts and a playground. The north half of the park is undeveloped open space.
Bunker Links Golf Course
See Bunker Links Golf Course in Recreation
Main and Broad Streets
Central Park is the center of a traffic circle formed at the intersection of Main and Broad Streets. This 1.3 acre park with a statue of native son Carl Sandburg and his goat Nellie at its center serves as an attractive green space in the Central Business District.
175 South Seminary Street
Colton Park is the home to an intermodal facility housing the AMTRAK Station and Trailways Bus Station. The Galesburg Railraod Museum is located in this park along with a steam engine and several railroad cars forming an outdoor museum exhibit at the 4.5 acre park. Site of the annual Railroad Days Celebration held on the last weekend of June.
Dale Kelley Park
West Tompkins Street
This park is a mini-tot lot constructed on a 0.2 acre lot in a single family residential neighborhood, offering a playground.
Debbie Klapp Park
1301 Russell Avenue
Set on 7.7 acres, this facility is located in a single family neighborhood. It is relatively flat, open park, which gently slopes to the east to a lightly treed stream. It contains a sledding hill, basketball court and playground.
Full View Point
NE corner Kellogg/Ferris
This small park has been recently updated with new landscaping; including a pergola, commemorative boulders, trees, shrubs and perennials with a walkway and benches.
898 West Main Street
Graham Park is a 0.5 acre parcel that serves as the entrance to the City’s Water Division facility located on West Main Street. This lightly treed site is similar to Central Park and the primary purpose and value of this facility is as a green open space.
Hawthorne Center Park
2265 and 2331 Veterans Drive
This 30 acre site is home to the Hawthorne Gym and Pool and two state of the art little league baseball fields with complete facilities. Also located at this partially wooded park are a handicap accessible play feature and a batting cage.
H.T. Custer Park
626 East Fifth Street
This park covers 7.9 acres in a single family residential neighborhood. Facilities include a lighted baseball field, two tennis courts, a basketball court, picnic shelters, wading pool and comfort station.
451 East South Street
Icehouse Park is a favorite of train buffs and is located on the east side of downtown immediately across the railroad tracks from the train station. This small .76 acre park is appropriate for passive uses which capitalize on its downtown location adjacent to the railroad.
1285 West Carl Sandburg Drive
This 11.9 acre site, located across the street from the Knox County YMCA was developed in 2001. Facilities include a basketball court, playground, ½ mile hike/bike trail around an existing 4.9 acre pond, viewing deck at the edge of the pond, a prairie plot and mesic plantings.
Jason Wessels Park
1940 Windish Drive
This park contains approximately 14 acres in currently undeveloped open space except for several target greens used by residents to practice their golf game.
2191 East Knox Street
This 50+ acre community park includes a horse show arena, lighted softball field, multi purpose recreational trail, an 18-hole disc golf course, two modular playground stations, a circular 3 on 3 basketball court, drinking fountains, a gazebo with restrooms, a water/spray park and a skateboard park. Other recent improvements to the park include the renovation of parking areas, renovation of a storage building, benches, lighting and prairie planting areas.
See the Document Center for the Disc Golf Map and Disc Golf Rules
See Lake Storey Recreation Area Link in Galesburg Services / Recreation
Lancaster Park is a 1.0 acre park located in a single family neighborhood. The main facilities in this partially wooded site include a playground and seating area.
Off Route 150 at U.S. 34
Lincoln Park is a community park of 45 acres. It is bordered by Route 150 on the west, undeveloped land on the north and east and single family homes on the south. The park is heavily wooded except for a large linear open area on the north end. The terrain is heavily rolling with several flat ridge-top areas where the primary uses occur. Several small open water areas exist on the north end of the par in the lower areas. Existing facility include championship horseshoe courts, flowering beds, picnic areas, several shelters, gazebo, sledding hill, and playground and spray pool. A paved road loops the park, interconnecting the various areas and parking.
760 East Carl Sandburg Drive
Located at the corner of East Carl Sandburg Drive and Veterans Drive, this facility provides a playground, basketball courts, outdoor handball court and a picnic shelter. This park is located adjacent to the Hawthorne Centre playground, ball fields, indoor pool and gymnasium.
O.N. Custer Park
1235 East Losey Street
This 4.8 acre neighborhood park has a lighted little league baseball field, concession building, wading pool, playground equipment and a comfort station.
800 Peck Street
This park, located in a single family, residential area, offers a passive, neighborhood open space and playground.
Third Street and South West Street
Rogers Park is a 1.0 acre triangular shaped neighborhood mini-park. The park offers open space, a playground and basketball court.
1627 West Losey Street
Twelve acre Rotary Park provides a sledding hill, picnic shelter, playground and basketball court. Located in a single family, residential neighborhood.
Standish Park Arboretum
Cedar and Tompkins Street
Standish Park is a 3.3 acre, one square block urban park. The collection of trees and other plants are assembled and maintained for education, research, and enjoyment. Important civic uses surround the park, including Old Main (on the Knox College campus) site of a Lincoln-Douglas debate, to the south, the Knox County Courthouse to the east and City Hall to the north. The park is mostly open lawn with extensive tree plantings. It serves primarily as a passive area and arboretum. Walkways criss cross the park and along all four sides of its perimeter. The gazebo at the center serves as the focal point of a summer Art in the Park festival.
1400 Rona Drive
Swing Park is a 0.4 acre park. Facilities include a playground and basketball court.